26 April 2016

FICTION - READING EXPERIENCE

FICTION-READING EXPERIENCE

I have been reading fiction even before I knew what fiction is. My grandfather was patient with me during those years when I do not know what words would mean. Even though it was the same story I never complained.


Fiction, for me, is a reality twisted in different ways, by the choice of the writer. I believe that every story that was written started from a real situation, a real people, and a real setting.  Since writers, would pluck and twist every word and would go on racking their brains to captive the audience they have to put a disclaimer. And, if you have to believe everything that you read in a fiction world or you have been so engrossed in what you have been reading that you ignore to eat and to sleep; stop now.

Well, do not stop reading for the rest of your life. Maybe an hour?

Because I tell you, your eyes will suffer plus a hard time in escaping the fictional world that you have been introduced. This is what is happening to me right now.

I have been reading The Selection by Kiera Cass and a series of Precious Hearts Romances pocketbook since last week. I am still on the reading mode but I FORCE myself to stop. The stories were too good for me that I wish I was America or the other heroine in all the other stories that I’ve read.

This is the first time that this happened to me. As I have said I have read fiction stories many time before. After that, I always break free that what I read is just a fiction, a mere entertainment for the public. If there are moral lessons to be picked I’d take note of them. Then I would proceed with whatever activities I have for that day.

But what I feel while reading those stories was really – really different
.
Once again, I was in awe to those amazing writers that can turn words into magical places, romantic people, so realistic future, and such. Once again, I was reminded that I am an inspiring writer. I should write a story or shall I say, “I should finish that story that I started in Wattpad.”

Since I am discussing fiction – reading, if you are not aware yet, I am publishing fictional letters here on my blog. I do hope you can easily distinguish them. If not tell me.
                                           


2 comments

  1. There's no easier way for us to reach our dreams than taking a step closer to it! :) Good luck, and yes, finish that wattpad story!

    xx jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I'll try to finish that story.

      Delete

© Jhecel Ogtip
Maira Gall