06 January 2016

BOOK REVIEW: How To Find Your One True Love by Bo Sanchez

HOW TO FIND YOUR ONE TRUE LOVE BY BO SANCHEZ

I borrowed this book from Rhia who is also a member of SFC and a volunteer in Cornerstone. Sis, thank you for letting me read this.

This book “How To Find Your One True Love: 8 Steps to Attract God’s Best for the Single Person” is written by Bo Sanchez. As it titles suggests the 8 steps are introduced with easy to believe life examples from the people whom the author encountered in his retreat or from his seminars. Although the 162 pages mostly talk to single women, the author does not forget to talk to the gentlemen and the teens.

What I like about it:
1.      It is short. I finished this in one sitting, and repeated it again.
2.      The words are simple. Unlike the other book “life advice” that I’ve read I did not need to use a dictionary.
3.      Straight to the point.
4.      Practical advice in which I found easy to apply.
5.      The preface. I’d never remember reading a preface and actually understanding it, just by this book so far.

What I don’t like about it:
1.      Parenthesis insertions – that’s when the author inserts explanations about something inside one sentence. I get distracted.

What I learned:
I learned a lot after I read "How to Find Your One True Love”, to give you a glimpse of how the author affects my perspective on dating, I will leave you with these quotes.

QUOTE FROM HOW TO FIND YOUR ONE TRUE LOVE BY BO SANCHEZ
                                You attract not by what you do, but by who you are.

QUOTE FROM HOW TO FIND YOUR ONE TRUE LOVE BY BO SANCHEZ
Wholesome flirting is flirtsome.


So, will I recommend it?
The answer is YES! I’ve been “gushing” when I saw Rhia after I’ve read the book. We both agree how we love the PREFACE. Hint: It’s a short love story of the author. ;)

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jhecel Ogtip
Maira Gall