14 January 2016

Anna: A Prayer Warrior


In this life all we need is  pray whenever in bad times or in good times. That's what Anna the prayer warrior believes in. You got to have one person like her in your life. I meet her during college. She is always positive, and always gives affirmation in everything that I’d do especially in times of trouble and distress.

Without further a due, everyone, meet Anna!


To my non – Filipino readers and to those who does not speak Tagalog I’ve translated Anna’s answer to my questions. They are italicized. Since this is a written interview I aim to publish the answer as it is.


What motivates you to live life?

To Inspire Others to Be Their Best and encourage them not to give up.Aside from that, is to be successful so I can be a blessing to other.
                      

What are your other interests or hobbies?

I had a lot of interests/hobbies like Hobbies Related to Computers and Technology such a Computer games, Social networking, and Internet browsing. Creative Hobbies like Singing/composing music, Dancing/choreography. Outdoor Hobbies like Boating, Traveling and Camping. Indoor Hobbies like watching movies and Bowling. Observational Hobby like Photography. Collection Hobby like Collecting photographs of people you meet. Health-related Hobbies like Yoga, Meditation, Exercising and body building, and Fitness counseling. Lifestyle-related Hobbies like Shopping for latest trends, Pet training and grooming and traveling and exploration.  
Yung iba diyan hindi ko pa nagagawa kaya excited ako magawa at ma-experience.



How do you define love?

1 Corinthians 13:4-8New International Version (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
For me that the best definition of love.


What is your magic word?

My magic word is “Kaya Mo Yan, Ikaw Pa”, “God Loves You”. Kasi ako yung tipo ng tao na mahilig magbigay ng words of encouragement, words of wisdom, mga uplifting words sa mga taong nawawalan ng pag-asa at sa mga taong humihingi ng advice yun ang lagi kong sinasabi sa kanila.

My magic word is, “You can do it, Ikaw Pa,” God loves you!” These are the words that I say to someone that would come for me when they asked for advice. Because, I am that kind of person who loves to give words of encouragement to those who lose hope.


How important is being prayerful in one’s life?

I am very prayerful person sobra, Saka Importanteng maging prayerful, bakit? Kasi yun yung way para makipagcommunicate kay God, mailabas mo yung sama ng loob mo, yung mga disappointment mo sa buhay, yung mga kasalanan mo at yung mga problema mo na hindi mo mai-share sa magulang mo at sa mga kaibigan mo. Ganun ako eh may problema ako na hindi ko naiseshare sa iba kay God ko inoopen at sobrang sarap sa pakiramdam na mailabas mo lahat ng hinain mo kay God kumbaga si God lang ang makakaintindi sayo at makakapagbigay sayo ng peace of mind.

  Prayer is the best armor against all trials.

 I am a very prayerful person. And it is important to be one. Why? It is a way of communicating to God. You can pour out your heartaches, your disappointments in life, your sins, and your problems that you cannot share to your parents and friends. That’s how I do. If I have a problem that I cannot share to others I open up to God. It is always a good feeling to tell God about your complains because God alone would understands you and He alone would give you a true peace of mind.

Prayer is the best armor against all trials.


Have you had struggles in keeping your faith? How?

Hindi ko siya matatawag na struggles in keeping faith para sa akin yung tamang term is Test of Faith, noong panahon na sunod-sunod yung mga gastusin kasama na dun yung pagkakasakit ko, tapos yung pampatherapy ko na sobrang mahal na hindi kaya ng sweldo ko. Hindi ko alam kung paano ko mapupunan yung pampatherapy ko lalo na ako lang yung nagwowork sa amin. Tapos nag-aaplay ako for regular position for the second time, hindi pa rin ako nakakapasa.  Meron ding napakalaking opportunity na dumating at grinab ko yun, ginawa ko lahat, binigay ko lahat ng best ko pero wala pa rin, hindi pa rin ako nakapasa.

I won’t call it as struggles in keeping faith, for me the right term is Test of Faith. During the time that expenses were keep on coming, the time when I got sick but my salary cannot compensate for my therapy treatment and I do not know how I can pay for it, plus the fact that I am the only one working. I applied for a regular position for the second time but I did not pass again. Then a big opportunity came. I grabbed it. I did everything. I give my best but I got nothing, I still did not pass.

When you struggle in faith you questioning (questioned) God, “Why this is happening to me? Why?”

I questioned him pero nag-sorry agad ako kasi wala akong karapatan na tanungin siya ng ganun kasi Everything happens for a reason at siya lang ang nakakaalam nun.

I questioned Him but I would say sorry immediately because I do not have the right to asked Him that way. Everything happens for a reason, and He only knows what those are.

Ang ginawa ko ay nagdasal ako na “Lord give me strength, I humbly ask for your help because I don’t know what to do, nahihirapan ako.” Yung nangyari sakin my faith is being tested pero nagpapasalamat ako dahil may church akong pinagsasambahan at dun napapalakas ang  aking pananampalataya. Life is a struggle, but every lesson learned is God’s way of helping you grow stronger. Keep Your Faith In Him.

I always pray, “Lord give me strength, I humbly ask for your help because I don’t know what to do, I am in distress.” When my faith has been tested, I am always grateful with the church that I belong. There my faith is built stronger. Life is a struggle but every lesson learned is God’s way of helping you grow stronger. Keep Your Faith In Him.



If you are given a chance to meet a person dead or alive, who will it be? Why? What questions will you ask that person?

Gary Valenciano. Nakapag pa picture na ako sa kanya at napanood ko na siya kung paano siya magperform bilang artist at sobrang nakakahanga siya. Yung faith niya kay God sobrang lakas. Nakakainspired siya. Gusto kong itanong sa kanya na kahit sobrang sikat na siya Paano niya namementain ang pagiging humble, Paano maging inspirasyon sa ibang tao,  paano maging successful na walang tinatapakang tao at Paano mo pa mapapalakas ang pananampalataya mo sa Panginoon?

Gary Valenciano. I already had a photo with him and I’ve witnessed how he performed as an artist, I am super impress with him. He has strong faith with God that inspired me more. I want to ask him how he stays humble despite the fame. How to be an inspiration to other people? How to become successful without stepping into one’s life in a bad way?  How to strengthen your faith in God?


What are you afraid of?

Kinatatakutan ko ay hindi ko maibigay sa magulang ko yung kaginhawan sa buhay dahil sobrang dami na nilang napagdaanan at mga sakripisyo na ginawa nila . Kasi tumatanda na sila, kumbaga its about time naman na marelax sila. Gusto kong maipasyal sila sa Magagandang lugar, kumain sa mga sikat na restaurant, at  kung anong magpapasaya sa kanila.  Kasi hindi nila naranasan yung mga gaanong bagay nung mga kabataan pa nila. So I want them to be happy. Gusto kong makabawi sa kanila.

I am afraid that I won’t be able to give my parents a good and easy life because they had been through a lot and had made a lot of sacrifices. They are getting old, and it’s about time that they relax. I want to bring them to beautiful places, eat in a famous restaurant, and give them whatever makes them happy. Sadly, did not experience those things in their childhood days. So I want them to be happy. I want to repay them.


Who is your inspiration in life?

Parent ko, mga kaibigan ko at mga taong nagmamahal sa akin.

 My parents, friends, and the people who loves me.


Setting aside money, what do you think that matters most?

Family. Kasi sila lang yung hindi mang-iiwan sayo kahit anong mangyari.

 Family because they won’t leave you no matter what happens.


What Filipino values, culture, and tradition are you proud of and would like to pass on to the next generation?

Pagiging magalang sa nakakatanda at Pagsasabi ng Po at Opo.

Being respectful to the elderly and using “po and opo.”


What is your favorite Filipino word?

KILIG! Hahaha


Lastly, what life lessons would you like to share to my readers?

Keep Moving Forward, Grab Every Opportunity that comes up, Dream Big, Keep The Faith, Be A Prayer Warrior, Love Your Parents and People Around You, Faith without works is dead (Do not ask God to guide your footsteps if you’re not willing to move your feet) and God Has Perfect Timing, Trust Him.


No comments

Post a Comment

© Jhecel Ogtip
Maira Gall