05 March 2015

STORY OF A GUMAMELA

GUMAMELA

            Every Saturday I always passed by the school garden of Inuman Elementary School. I never had a chance to stop and take a closer look of this flower because I am always in a hurry.

            This flower is commonly known in the Philippines as gumamela. If you have not heard the term perhaps hibiscus would ring a bell. When I was a kid my playmates would turn this flower into a bubble.
            And so, when we are on our way home after the Cornerstone tutorial I took the liberty to capture this flower’s beauty. I was using the basic setting of my camera until I thought of changing it to the setting that specializes for flowers. Honestly, I never thought of it for a long time. I know that there is a feature for this but I never tried.
            The result was beyond normal. I have discovered how to blur the background of the subject.
            If this gumamela can talk perhaps it would tell my story as a funny anectode.
            
GUMAMELA
GUMAMELA

2 comments

  1. Alam mo sis, ayaw ko ng ibenta yung camera ko dahil sa mga photos mo. Nainspire akong gamitin ulit sya. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis, sayang kung ibebenta mo. Gumagana pa video di ba? Sa akin kasi hindi na.

      Delete

© Jhecel Ogtip
Maira Gall