10 March 2015

THRIFTY FINDS

THRIFTY FINDS

            Whenever I shop I have this philosophy that I keep. It does not matter if it is too pricey, cheap or second – hand as long as it is original. I have this hierarchy of things that I should buy in which I think I can save money. When I experiencied handling my own money I have learned that one should never cut his or her budget on food. Here’s a secret I spent my money mostly on food. There are other necessity that you can be thrifty like books and jewelries.

            That is why I have decided to add a new series here in my blog called Thrifty Finds. I will feature the products that I bought for a lesser price. This is to challenge everyone including myself to go out and look for thrifty items whenever we shop. This is also to give idea on where you can find them.

            For the kick-off of this series I am featuring two earrings and a book.
CROCHET EARRING
THRIFTY FINDS
             I bought these crochet earrings from a store in a mall called Everything 20. I don’t usually pick these kinds of earrings but because this seems to have a very reasonable price for me so I bought them. I wear the red one when I meet up with one of my college friend.
TO SEE EVERY BIRD ON EARTH
      Next is this memoir written by Dan Koeppel entitled “To See Every Bird On Earth: A Father, a Son, and a Lifelong Obsession”. I found this book in Booksale a store that sells second – hand books. Dan Koeppel talks about his father’s interest in birds. Yes, this book is all about birds. On how his father discovered on listing every birds that he saw which I learned called ornithology.
TO SEE EVERY BIRD ON EARTH
By far this is the first book that I purchased for my reading challenge this year. I aim to read 15 non-fiction books.

            How about you what are your thrifty finds?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jhecel Ogtip
Maira Gall