24 February 2016

Blackout Poetry Vol. 1

BLACKOUT POETRY

I found out about blackout poetry when I was searching for ways how to overcome writer’s block.  True enough, it eases the struggle but in the beginning, it was not easy. All the words that I read in a book are screaming to me, “Choose me! Choose me!”  Finally, I was able to comprehend Attractive Annie and Life.


Life
BLACKOUT POETRY

                                         real life with fictional strangers
                                           life is tragic
                                           life with great gusto
                                           full of stories, business, breath, 
                                           disease

                                           of pity


Attractive Annie
BLACKOUT POETRY

                                                    Attractive Annie
                                                  pure - pure
                                                  tender, amused, and touched
                                                  so critical
                                                  so considerate
                                                  a twinkle twinkle
                                                  grown – up little girl


Have you tried blackout poetry? How did it go?

4 comments

  1. You just reminded me of how much I love doing blackout poetry! :) I'll be trying it out again, for sure.

    Mimi | Chasing Bleu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it again, Mimi. Let me know if you do. :)

      Delete
  2. I wanted to try out blackout poetry but I don't feel good doing this to my books! Haha! Might just buy something from a book sale so I won't feel bad.

    Love, Richel. | Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book I used for this are from Booksale. I can't bear to doodle on my good books. You should try blackout poetry too.

      Delete

© Jhecel Ogtip
Maira Gall