01 December 2017

His Favorite Girl


Ole! Ole!  A la la la la la la la la.

I can’t find the right description. Oh right!

My best friend has found his new favorite girl.  

I knew he had because he no longer calls at midnight. He no longer asks if I’ve arrived safely at work. He no longer teases me with my fandom with Korean dramas. He no longer practices archery with me.

I knew he had. This happened before. Usually, he would not show up for a week but it had been a month now.

And he is missing my party. Ugh! My heels are killing me.  I should head back to the dance floor.

“Julieta!” someone called. I knew it’s him.

“Stop calling me Julieta. So where is your girl?” I asked with my arms crossed.

He did not answer instead he hugs me and whispers, “It’s you, my favorite girl.”




DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Any similarity you find in any event, names of person are purely unintentional. Photo by Maarten Deckers on Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jhecel Ogtip
Maira Gall