04 February 2015

CORNERSTONE DIARY: THE 24TH AND 31ST OF JANUARY 2015

CORNERSTONE
THE TUTORS
            If I am submitting a journal in my tutorial experience in Cornerstone that is based in Inuman Elementary School I would probably failed. I missed writing or rather publishing for two Saturdays. So much had happened. Luckily, I have taken photos that can compensate the words to fill this diary and some notes stored in my phone.



            On the 24th of January I remember not having interest in taking photos during the tutorial session. I remember I was busy practicing the alphabet sound with my fellow tutors. I realized I rely more on print than speaking and I was amazed on the importance of sound in reading specially for the tutees. Letters have their own language that the kids (tutees) sometimes get confused. Also, I was determined to focus on teaching the tutees since the end of the tutorial session is near. It is like preparing for the Finals. That is why I only have photos after the session with my fellow tutors.
            The number of the decreasing volunteer tutors got our attention. I admit it is not a good ratio between the tutors and tutees. I fully understand this situation. Some volunteers are studying and working. Much as they want to attend their time and priorities are crucial.
THE TUTEES ARE ENJOYING THE SONG.

Rhia, who was in-charge as lead tutor initiated a song that everyone is familiar. I don’t know if it is a nursery rhyme. It goes like this, “One day (Isang araw), I saw (nakita) one bird (isang ibon) flying (lumilipad). I shot (binaril ko) I picked (dinampot ko) I cooked (niluto ko) and I ate (at kinain ko).” I guess this is to teach them in translating English to Filipino.
            In every Cornesrstone there is always a lunch prepared by the Couples For Christ (CFC). It is important that I mention it now because those meals are very much appreciated by us specially by the tutor. Thank you titos (uncles) and titas (aunties). Also thank you Cornerstone family for giving us the opportunity to serve. Thank you!
POP QUIZ

Interested of joining the Cornerstone program? Contact me at jhecelogtip@gmail.com

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jhecel Ogtip
Maira Gall