03 April 2015

SALT AND LIGHT


I wrote this poem when I was in high school as an activity in one of my class. I don’t remember having difficulty writing this one. Up to now I am still not regretting that I do not use metaphors in this poem because I can still remember what is and how to be a salt and light. I don’t revise this because I want to share what I was thinking that time.

SALT AND LIGHT

When I was in the midst of confusion
Of how can I be in motion
To be the light and the salt of the earth
Until my last breath

I heard a wise man say :
“To be a salt, oh! Just be pure in your words, deeds and thoughts.
In school it is taught
And to be the world’s light, give hope, joy and peace to humankind

So that we will all be bind.”



Photo credit: Unsplash

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jhecel Ogtip
Maira Gall