16 November 2014

QUOTES AND REVIEW: THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS BY RICK RIORDAN

              Finally! I am done reading the newest book of Rick Riordan – The Blood of Olympus. My high school friend and I are both waiting for the release of this book to know if Leo Valdez will find a way to go back to Calypso. Did he? Well, I don’t want to be a spoiler so I want you to read the book.

            If you have finished reading the book you might notice that most of the quotes I like are from Nico’s POV. I appreciate how Rick Riordan let his readers see how some of his characters have changed. I am talking about the characters of Nico di Angelo and his father Hades the God of Death. I never expected that the author would give Nico his change to “clear the air” with Percy’s character. I literally clapped my hand when I read what Nico told Percy (it is the last quote in this blog).

            Although my friend and I both agreed that the ending is a really a cliff hanger, we are glad that everyone (I mean the characters) are happy. Anyway, here are the quotes feel free to comment your favorite.

THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS

·         Everything can be reused.
·         A wind that blows aimlessly is no good to anyone.
·         Our desires reveal us. They show us for who we really are.
·         You can’t choose your parentage. But you can choose your legacy.
·         Nothing lasts forever. Not even the best machine.
·         Life is short and death is eternal.
·         My children are so rarely happy. I… I would like to see you be as an exception.
·         You haven’t change, Frank. You’re just more.

THE BLOOD OF OLYMPUS

·         We, the bones that are here, await yours.
·         Your voice is your identity. If you don’t use it, you’re halfway to Asphodel already.
·         Because nothing helps you make friends faster than a rotting corpse with a French accent.
·         We all get angry. Even a sweetheart like me.
·         Let us bargain, then. What can you offer that would convince me to help you rather than kill you?
·         Getting a second life is one thing. Making it a better life, that’s the trick.
·         I’m acting like a mechanic, doing preventative maintenance.
·         Fear can’t be reasoned with. Neither can hate. They’re like love. They’re almost identical emotions.

·         But it’s cool. We’re cool. I mean, I see now… you’re cute, but you’re not my type.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Jhecel Ogtip
Maira Gall