29 June 2015

DATE A GIRL WHO WRITES POETRY


It is with sincerity that I say
To every gentleman that wishes to stay
But never finds a reason to be still
Be patient and look for love that won’t frail

Allow this humble stranger to give you advice
Never judge a girl by her looks but on how she flies
You know she can if she writes poetry
Either she keeps it on her journal or in a bark of tree

So if you must, date a girl who writes poetry
She writes words to be free
When everyone else is dying to find their rhythm
She would sit with her pen trusting it to sign her name

Date a girl who writes poetry
Simply because she values the important of words
For her words once said is said
For her words once written is written

Date a girl who writes poetry
Once you do you’ll never be bored but be challenged
To figure her style and her metaphor
And once you can’t, all you have to do is ask straight

She writes from experience twisted with fiction
From a blank paper to a story that is yours
She is never violent in action
Though she may vent by turning them into a beautiful verse

Date a girl who writes poetry
Because she can balance her passion and her reality
So, my dear stranger, if you must
Date a girl who writes poetry

She who have experienced love more than what she thought
She is magic without pixie dust
She is time capsule

She is magic

5 comments

  1. Love this! As a writer myself I can appreciate this! I will definitely be reading more!

    - Curly Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kay! Can I call you Kay? :) Come back anytime. I hope your doing well :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for this, I loved reading this poem. I write poems myself and felt so understood by your words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna! Do you published your poem? I want to read them. :)

      Delete
  3. I've never dared to publish, I recently wrote one though. Can I send it to you in some way?

    ReplyDelete

© Jhecel Ogtip
Maira Gall